September Networking Breakfast - 5 Key Moments
- Posted on: 20th September 2018
- Posted in: News
5 Key Moments from September's Network Pompey Business Club networking breakfast at Fratton Park!
1) Multi award winning Business Performance Coach, Ian Dickson, joined us as guest speaker at this month’s event, which was yet another busy one with 50+ businesses from the region joining us in the Victory Lounge.
2) Ian’s talk was based the same concept as his successful ‘Big 100’ event, which he runs each year locally, delivering 100 business tips to 100 businesses throughout the day. Using cards distributed on the tables around the room, each containing a tip, delegates called out various tips which Ian then went on to elaborate on.
3) The tips started with having ‘satisfied customers’ and how rising above that will help create more advocates for your business, in turn leading to further opportunities and referrals. Following that Ian spoke about the customer conversation and removing words like ‘I’, ‘me’ and ‘us’ from the dialogue and replacing that with the most important in advertising/selling, ‘you’. Others included customer attention and demonstrating efficiency and speed, with Ian finishing using his favourite phrase, “money loves speed”. Ian’s “Simply Sales & Marketing” workshop covers all this and more, and you can find out more here.
5) Existing members, Football For Cancer, informed guests of their corporate five-a-side football tournament taking place next weekend. While Brain Tumour Research also gave guests more information about the upcoming Great South Run on 21st October.
Network Pompey Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: