October Networking Breakfast - 5 Key Moments
- Posted on: 18th October 2018
- Posted in: News
5 Key Moments from October's Network Pompey Business Club networking breakfast at Fratton Park!
1) Over 50 businesses joined us in the Victory Lounge at Fratton Park and heard from guest speaker, Steve Reeve! Steve is the Managing Director of Sporting Difference, who use positive examples from the world of sports management to show how they can be applied in a business environment to improve team and personal performance.
2) Steve gave a fascinating talk that focussed on processes of which – as a sales person – can be used to become more persuasive and ultimately gain new customers. Often sales people bombard potential clients with information that they aren’t particularly looking for, whereas Steve says that the most important thing of all it to understand what it is that potential customer is looking for. Using the acronym: P (prepare) O (open) S (stand in their shoes) S (summarise) I (introduce your solutions) B (bring together) L (let’s agree) E (execute), Steve says you have the ability to get anyone to agree to do anything you want them to do. Find out more about Steve’s work here.
4) Mentioned following new member and existing member introductions was a competition online to win 4 VIP Hospitality tickets for Pompey’s game against Burton at Fratton Park next Tuesday 23rd. Looking to entertain clients? Or reward staff? Visit the Network My Club LinkedIn post here, and like and tag to enter!
5) From Portsmouth Football Club, Sophie Hall – Sponsorship and Account Manager – and Shaun Whitmarsh – Marketing Manager – were on hand to provide delegates with the latest information about hospitality and sponsorship opportunities available for upcoming games at Fratton Park. Interested? You can find more information here.
Network Pompey Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: