March Networking Breakfast - 5 Things You Missed
- Posted on: 15th March 2018
- Posted in: News
'5 Things You Missed' from March's Network Pompey Business Club networking breakfast at Fratton Park!
1) Ruth Walczak, ex Team GB rower and current practioner for Complete Coherance, joined us as guest speaker.
2) Before joining Complete Coherance, Ruth was a professional athlete in the Team GB Rowing Team, her career highlights include a silver in the lightweight quad and bronze in the lightweight singles at the World Championships!
3) Ruth is now transferring the psychology she used in sport, into the business world, with her current role helping businesses and business people deepen their understanding of themselves to aid performance. Whilst explaining the number of psychological factors that contribute to performance, Ruth used a fascinating live demonstration (assisted by Danny Hayter from ViiSana) to show how the simple task of breathing in a controlled manner affects heart rate variability, and ultimately the way the brain processes and reacts to information. Having barely scraped the surface of the subject, learn more about Ruth’s role here.
5) We are offering you the chance to win a hospitality package for four to Pompey v Wigan Athletic on Easter Monday! The package includes match tickets, entry to the Partners Lounge, 3 course meal, complimentary parking, pre-match pitch side presentation, as well as pre-match and half time refreshments. Enter the competition via our Facebook page here.
The next Network Pompey Business Club meet takes place on Thursday 19th April at Fratton Park. With another busy meet expected, book your place here now.
Network Pompey Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: