February Networking Breakfast - 5 Things You Missed
- Posted on: 8th February 2018
- Posted in: News
'5 Things You Missed' from February's Network Pompey Business Club networking breakfast at Fratton Park!
1) Alistair Thompson, Director of Team Britannia, joined us as guest speaker this morning.
2) Team Britannia is a multi-million pound bid to design and build the fastest and most fuel-efficient powerboat to circumnavigate the globe. Alistair explained the three main components to the challenge, of which construction to the boat started at the beginning of 2016. It is set to be completed in October 2018 and Alistair is hoping to start as soon as possible!
3) The aim of the expedition is to set a new world record navigating round the globe in under 60 days. The expedition starts in Gibraltar, via Mexico, Singapore, the Suez Canal, and more, before finishing back in Gibraltar again. Alistair explained the intense detail that has gone into building a powerboat that can withhold treacherous conditions, but also be as fuel efficient and environmentally friendly as possible. You can find out everything about the project and about the challenge here.
4) Tim Green, Community Fundraising Manager at Brain Tumour Research, informed guests about the upcoming ‘Wear a Hat Day’! Find more information about how your company can support it here.
5) Thanks again to Steve Phyall of Zooming Photography for capturing the event. You can now view images from the event here.
Network Pompey Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: