Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation
Langstone Technology Park
Contact Name: Tim Green
Our aims and objectives
We aim to support people with diabetes, through the provision of information and guidance, while the researchers we fund continue to work towards finding a cure.
We undertake national awareness campaigns to ensure the public are aware of all types of diabetes, risk factors, symptoms and potential complications.
We provide resources to diabetes and related healthcare professionals in support of their patients through the provision of educational events and advisory literature.
We seek to achieve these goals by:
- The funding of scientific and clinical research studies
- The promotion of screening, wellness and other health related programmes
- The operation of a membership Diabetes Wellness Network encouraging the sharing of knowledge and the provision of professional advice
- The organisation of events focused on the provision of practical advice and information
- The dissemination of information on diabetes for the purpose of informing the general public on the symptoms, causes and effects of diabetes
- The provision of advisory literature to diabetes clinics for distribution to patients
- The establishment of community out-reach programmes
Reviews Write a Review